The goal of BULA is to recruit, organize and equip people for short-term mission adventures that will mutually challenge each participant and support the ongoing ministries of Christian missionaries serving abroad.
BULA means “life” in Fijian, and is said as a greeting, a way of saying – “good life to you”. It is a fitting name for this ministry, because the hope is that through the adventure of short term missions, each participant, and those we minister to, will come to a deeper relationship with Jesus, and truly experience life to the fullest (John 10:10b)
You may be asking –Why do we do short-term missions? or Why should I get involved on a short-term mission? Let me give you a few reasons.
- Take us out of our comfort zone and force us to see a part of the world we might otherwise ignore
- Open our eyes to the needs of others who are suffering
- Allow us to see others as Jesus sees them
- Stretch our faith
- Allow us to participate in ministering to the “least of these”
- Bond us together in a unique way with other believers who are serving with us
- Bless not only the lives of those we serve, but our own lives as well
- Remove us from the “rat-race” we call life, long enough to take a hard look at our priorities
Our goal with BULA is to give participants a chance…
- to serve Jesus in a unique way
- to participate in a life-changing adventure
- to build bridges with other cultures
- to share the good news of the Gospel around the world
- to meet the physical needs of those living in poverty
- to grow and be stretched in their faith
- to experience the reality that the family of God knows no borders – it is not limited to the USA!